Last modified: January 8th, 2019
- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We may receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to use certain services that we offer, you may be required to create an account. If you create an account, you may be required to provide us with certain Personal Information.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information and other forms. If you contact us in any manner, including sending us “Contact Us”, support, feedback or any other request / notification, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, or in any other manner, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
- Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services”) in connection with the Software that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the Software is installed (“Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we may collect or obtain your Location Data. You should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information the browser and/or OS and/or our app / software may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Software, track users’ actions on the Software, track user’s location and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Software may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order for us to provide our Services and present you with information that is customized for you. We may also use third party tools and related cookies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Services. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device or computer in order to provide the Services. Such information may include your mobile device /computer type and mobile device/computer ID.
- Beacons and pixels. We may use web beacons on our Services, in our email messages, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others' email messages. You can make some web beacons unusable by rejecting cookies in your web browser as described hereunder. When you visit our websites or view one of our email messages, we may also use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our websites. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through web beacons, pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your Personal Information to personalize your experience on our Services and to provide you with more useful and relevant content (including, if any, advertisements).
- Support logs. We may store additional log files on your device for support and debug purpose. We may request you to send such logs to us as part of a support / feedback handling flow. These logs may contain sensitive personal data related to various features of the Software that you may have used (such as contacts, calls, text messages, etc). Please be aware of this and don't send us log files if you feel they may contain sensitive information.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
- We may use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to support or carry out the transactions you have requested, to send you communications (including marketing and advertisement communications) that you request or that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, to customize our Services, to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access and otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or any other request/form.
- We do not necessarily host the Software, or any part of it, ourselves. Hosting may be done by third party service providers that we engage. This means that data you may provide us or that we may collect from you (including any Personal Information) may be hosted with such third party service providers on servers that they own or control. Regardless of where such third party service providers are located, their servers may be located anywhere in the world (including the US). Your data may even be replicated across multiple servers located in multiple countries. Additionally, we may share your Personal Information with other third party service providers and partners, but only to assist us with our business operations and to provide or improve our Services to you and other users. Such information may be transferred to other countries.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our EULA and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Screenovate, our users, yourself or the public.
- In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one source may be combined with information we obtain through other sources.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to provide and improve our Services and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may be unable to access certain Services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our Services. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 18 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to disclose, transfer or assign the Personal Information collected and/or processed hereunder in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights.
- Personal Information Disclosure. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Do Not Track Notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.